We look forward to greeting you at the
Training 2016 Conference & Expo
Feb. 15-17, 2016, in Orlando, Florida
We are giving away an Apple Watch, Amazon gift cards and some other great prizes at our booth. Stop by Booth 303 at Training 2016 to enter, and fill out our survey on this page to have your name entered into the drawing twice!
All visitors who stop by our booth will also receive a free pick-me-up of chocolate covered espresso beans.
We want to get to know you and find out more about how organizations are meeting their training needs for 2016 and beyond. We will share the aggregate data that we collect with all who fill out our survey.
We look forward to greeting you at the conference!
Breakout session on Monday at 12:45 p.m.:
Enhancing Global Leadership Training: Blending “Buy vs Build” Across the World
Presenters: Kathleen Sandquist, Learning & Organization Effectiveness Program Manager at Varian Medical Systems, and Bennett Phillips, Partner at Advantage Performance Group
Learn how Varian Medical Systems transformed their management development strategy from a fragmented, ad-hoc approach to a synergistic, unified, and consistent program now delivered globally. Attendees will hear about:
- Why it was vitally important to implement a consistent global development program
- How to create common threads throughout the curriculum so that the entire experience is a journey, rather than a series of individual events
- The importance of a clear line of sight between learning outcomes and the company’s strategic goals
- Leveraging external content and delivery blended with internal “golden threads” and business needs to create a truly integrated experience
- The value of “fewer but better” training that focuses on removing traditional barriers and maximizing levers to learning adoption
- Increased accountability and integration of learning to create a supportive environment for learning and application on the job
Breakout session on Tuesday at 11:00 a.m.:
Blue Emotional Intelligence: Protecting Your Brand Promise
Presenter: Timothy Clark, CEO of BlueEQ
Learn about the relationship between emotional intelligence and the ability of an organization to keep, break, or exceed its brand promise with its customers. We’ll explore the use of assessment technology and training to identify and neutralize the emotional intelligence liability of brand breakers before they inflict damage on an organization. We’ll also discuss how organizations can use the emotional intelligence strengths of an individual to define and create stand-out customer experiences.
Breakout session on Tuesday at 3:00 p.m.:
Decision Acumen: Common Decision Traps and How to Avoid Them
Presenter: Brent Snow, President of 10,000 Feet
In today’s frequently matrixed and information overdosed organizational worlds, good and efficient decision making is sometimes difficult. Yet there is no activity more fundamental to personal and organizational success than decision-making. Making good decisions is how we earn our keep. Drawing from the most recent research in neuroscience and behavioral economics, this highly interactive session explores the cognitive factors that cause us to make less effective decisions and introduces a number of techniques to achieve better decision making. You will learn how to:
- Understand how both intuition and reasoning are critical for good decision making
- Identify the 12 most common cognitive traps that can cause sub-optimum decision making
- Anticipate how these decision traps could impact decisions we are making or influencing
- Apply several key techniques for making and leading better decision-making
Advantage is the first place to call when you need leaders to lead, sellers to sell, and your business to flourish.
Our top clients say we're imaginative, collaborative, and insightful. What will you say?