In today’s highly networked, global world, has leadership changed? When Fast Company’s 30 Second MBA posed that question to a group of leaders, the answer was “yes” – and here’s why:
- You’re no longer the decider. Your new role is to be the facilitator and door-opener, working with a team of peer leaders.
- You need to “cut a whole in the fence” and let people run, be inspired, and surprise.
- Leaders must create more inclusive, nearly spherical networks with people above and below, and outside the organization.
- Being personally authentic, inclusive, and culturally competent are more important than ever.
- In this ubiquitous information world, customers know everything. So leaders must create more clarity and laser focus on the customer.
Latest posts by The Advantage Team (see all)
- Culture Counts:Impact on productivity, profit & more [infographic] - November 20, 2017
- Revealed: The best-kept secrets of high-performing managers [free webinar] - November 17, 2017
- No rescue required: Transforming leadership in pharmaceutical sales - November 6, 2017