There is no doubt that Culture COUNTS.
Here's how a focus on culture adds up when it comes to productivity, profit, talent, turnover and more.
- Culture is defined as the “vibe” you get when you walk in the door + the mood & the tone the workplace creates + leadership style + the sense of purpose employees feel. (Jacob Morgan)
- Company culture can energize or drain, motivate or discourage, empower or suffocate the people on your team. Make sure yours is a force for good.
- Multiplier” leaders get more than 2x the intelligence from their teams
- Happy workers are 12% more productive (Univ. of Warwick)
- Cost of unhappy workers: $300 billion (Gallup)
- 95% of new recruits say they value culture over compensation (Deloitte)
- Job turnover at companies with weak cultures is 48.4%, almost 3.5x that of strong company cultures - 13.9% (Columbia Univ.)
- 87% of employees worldwide are NOT engaged at work. (Gallup)
- Companies get +147% greater earnings per share when employees are highly engaged (Gallup)
- Unhappy workers are 10% less productive. (Univ. of Warwick)
- Ethnically diverse companies are 35% more likely to outperform the national industry median. (McKinsey)
When the CEO and other executives make their cultures relevant for their people across the globe and reinforce the values of the organization, people will bring the culture to life.
Peter Drucker had it right when he said, “Culture eats strategy for breakfast.” Both must be aligned.
Have you built a road map for 2018 to create a culture-rich organization with every communication? Culture fosters trust and innovation, enhances your company’s brand, and can help ensure your organization thrives in today’s data-driven, disruptive environment.
- Proof that positive work cultures are more productive (Harvard Business Review)
- The millennial majority is transforming your culture (Deloitte)
- The right culture: Not just about employee happiness (Gallup)
- Multipliers: How the best leaders make everyone smarter (Liz Wiseman)
- Impact: Happiness & Productivity (Warwick)
- The 17 things employees care about most at work (Jacob Morgan on Inc.)
Latest posts by The Advantage Team (see all)
- Culture Counts Seattle: Inspirational, uplifting, small but mighty - December 22, 2017
- Revealed: 6 secrets of high-performing managers [webinar replay] - December 12, 2017
- Holiday Insights: Our best free resources and tools for 2017 - December 12, 2017